Why use an accountant?
The death of a member of your family is a particularly difficult time for various reasons and coping with the administration of the estate is not always something which family members want to do themselves or feel capable of doing.
Whilst this work is often done by solicitors or banks, personal accountants are particularly suited because of their knowledge of the deceased’s financial affairs. We also believe that our charges are usually competitive as they are based on time taken rather than a percentage of the value of the estate.
We also believe that our charges are competitive
We try to work with clients so that they do as much or as little of the work as they choose to do. By doing this we aim to keep costs within acceptable levels.
The services which we provide include:
- Reviewing and advising on tax efficient Wills
- Acting as an executor, usually with one or more family members or other professional
- Preparation of Inheritance Tax forms supporting the application for Probate
- Providing valuations for assets subject to business property relief and negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs
- Consideration of claims for various forms of IHT reliefs, e.g. business property relief, instalment option, changes in value after death etc
- Considering whether a deed of variation might be appropriate
- Preparation and submission of relevant papers for the Probate application
- Administration of the estate
- Preparation of Estate income tax returns
- Drawing up estate accounts and arranging for distribution of specific and residuary legacies
How do I access this service?
For more information about our Probate services, please contact Lucy Duncan on 020 7306 9100 or use our contact form today.