Senior Audit Manager
The Senior Audit manager will work on a portfolio of clients reporting to various Audit Partners. The portfolio may include
, technical audits, accounts preparations and management accounts, as well as any other work from time to time which may reasonably be considered part of the role.
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years accounting experience post qualification.
- RI Status / in a position to apply for RI status within 12 months.
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in both audits and accounts preparations for small to large size clients.
- Experience of managing a team.
Key responsibilities and duties:
Audit & Accounts
- Managing a varied portfolio of both audit and accounts clients.
- Assisting Partner’s with managing and generating additional projects.
- Set fees and budgets, ensuring budgets are met.
- Statutory audit, reviewing planning, completion and finalising accounts.
- Attend and lead client meetings.
- Liaising with other departments such as outsourced finance and tax to ensure all elements of a client’s affairs are in order.
- Managing the overall service delivery to clients.
- Being a key point of contact throughout the year.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients as well as prospective clients.
- Provision of general business advice to clients.
- Client billing and job recoverability.
- Preparing fee quotes and liaising with clients to organise the provision of audit, accountancy, and tax services.
- Reviewing audit files, ensuring that they are completed to a sufficient standard and resolving technical issues, prior to reporting to the partner.
- Responsibility for managing WIP recoveries, billing clients and meeting deadlines.
- Regularly assisting colleagues within the wider firm with technical accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
- Identifies and follows up on new business opportunities.
- Aims to increase client portfolio year on year.
- Ensuring that the audit team and direct reports are aware of Arnold Hill’s values and HR Strategy.
- Assist in supervising and managing the audit staff, including having a responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members, and taking responsibility for career development of others.
- Participates in promotions and salary reviews.
- Encourages team to complete timesheets, admin work on a timely basis. Appraisals completed on time.
- Completes direct reportees Appraisals.
- Attend disciplinaries with HR when necessary.
- You will be required to become familiar with the following during the course of your work: Sage, Xero, QuickBooks and CCH including Accounts Production and Audit Automation, and any similar software a client may use to maintain their accounting records.
- Liaise with team members using both Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Review the compliance of the business with all relevant internal requirements, industry regulations and government legislation.
- Ensure forms like AH KYC, ID and Risk assessment are filled in periodically.
- Although not engaged to identify potential instances of fraud, if you come across any information which appears to be an indication of fraudulent activity, to notify the firm’s MLRO.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your CV and a covering letter to Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org