A long established London based firm of chartered accountants are looking for a full time / part time remote working accountant to join their Outsourced Finance team.
The Outsourced Finance team looks after the day to day accounting for a number of our clients and the role is to join and become an integral part of that team in delivering the highest quality professional services to our clients.
- Record day to day financial transactions in Xero. This may include, but not be limited to raising (or recording) sales invoices, recording purchase invoices and posting bank payments and receipts;
- Ensure bank reconciliations are performed which include current accounts as well as any petty cash and credit card accounts;
- Proactively managing sales ledger and purchase ledger balances. Request missing information from clients and advise them of actions to be taken;
- Maintaining records to the trial balance stage including managing and reconciling control accounts and month end journals for:-
- Deferred/accrued income
- Rent free periods
- Agree timelines directly with clients in respect of when to receive information to complete the bookkeeping and VAT returns;
- To produce management accounts to a very high standard of both accuracy and presentation;
- Produce VAT returns. Performing self-review checks to ensure transactions are allocated to the relevant box numbers;
- Preparation and submission of annual P11D’s;
- Keep up to date with changing VAT and accounting knowledge. Liaise with the support team to book courses/webinars/etc. for personal development;
- Collaborating with other departments in the firm concerning accounts preparation, corporation tax and personal tax.
Key skills and attributes
- To be ACCA qualified / nearly qualified;
- To have strong interpersonal and team working skills;
- To be able to communicate effectively with all parties, internally and externally;
- To have a strong desire to continue to learn and grow as a professional;
- To be a strong embracer of technology and the efficiencies it can bring.
The successful candidate would join a fast growing team of a long established firm of accountants. We would be looking for someone to be very competent shortly after joining.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your CV and a covering letter to Samantha.email@example.com