Who we are
For over one hundred years Arnold Hill & Co LLP has been providing a professional, personal and friendly accounting and tax service to corporate and individuals.
Our office is conveniently based in the heart of London, close to Trafalgar Square in the West End. Situated on Northumberland Avenue, between Charing Cross and Embankment in the London WC2 area, we are ideally located for our clients spread throughout the Capital.
We view our employees as a team. We embrace Diversity. We would like you to make your mark in your career development and build your career with us. We will support you in your professional and personal development.
Who you are
Arnold Hill & Co LLP are looking to recruit a full time Personal Tax Manager to join their growing team covering London and Greater London. Reporting to the Partners, the role would ideally suit a CTA Qualified Tax Specialist or Qualified Accountant from a mid – to top-tier accountancy practice.
You will be working within a specialist tax team, and you must be able to demonstrate strong Personal Tax compliance and advisory expertise, ideally with experience of non UK domicile and international tax issues.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Reporting directly to and working closely with the partners on various tax compliance and advisory matters
- Reviewing personal tax and LLP partnership tax returns in a wide range of industries, and ensuring that work is turned around on a timely basis
- Preparing more complicated tax returns and considering the impact of changes in tax legislation
- Undertaking tax due diligence projects for a range of clients
- Managing tax payment deadlines
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to tax enquiries
- Liaising with clients, including attending client meetings
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and drafting proposals for client consideration
- Billing, budget and WIP management
- Portfolio management, updating client workflows
- Complying with all departmental procedures to ensure the smooth running of the team and the department
- Staff mentoring and development
- Contributing to the firm’s marketing strategy, to include producing articles for the website as well as suggestions for client communications
- Using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Work and the CCH software suite.
The ideal candidate:
- be qualified as follows : (CTA/ACA/ACCA)
- have experience of working in a Personal Tax department and working with trusts would be advantageous
- be flexible to adapt to bespoke client’s needs
- be a strong and resilient team player with excellent communication and project management skills
- have experience of building relationships with a variety of clients.
- Ideally this role will be based in our London Office (currently working from home with a few days in the office).
If this position is of interest to you, please send your CV and a covering letter to Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org