The online HMRC coronavirus job retention scheme portal has now been open for two weeks. We hope you have successfully managed to apply for your relevant furloughed employees directly with HMRC through your business government gateway login.
If you are yet to make an online claim, you will require the following;
- to be registered for PAYE online
- your UK bank account number and sort code
- your employer PAYE scheme reference number
- the number of employees being furloughed
- each employee’s National Insurance number
- each employee’s payroll or employee number (optional)
- the start date and end date of the claim
- the full amount you’re claiming for including employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum pension contributions
- your phone number
- contact name
You also need to provide either:
- your name
- your Corporation Tax unique taxpayer reference
- your Self Assessment unique taxpayer reference
- your company registration number
If you’re claiming for more than 100 furloughed employees, you’ll need to upload a file (in format .xls, .xlsx, .csv or .ods) containing each employee’s:
- full name
- National Insurance number
- payroll number (optional)
- furlough start date
- furlough end date (if known)
- full amount claimed
Once you’ve made a claim, you’ll be provided with a claim reference number (please note this down). HMRC will then check that your claim is correct and pay the claim amount via Bacs into your bank account within 6 working days. Please ensure you keep a copy of all records, including, the amount claimed and claim period for each employee, the claim reference number for your records and your calculations in case HMRC require more information about your claim.
If we act as your payroll provider, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us should you not hold any of the above information required.
Should you have any queries or questions in respect of the above or if any assistance can be provided with regards to helping you benefit from this government scheme, please reach out to your usual Arnold Hill & Co contact or one of our one of our partners below.
Justin Moore – 020 7306 9104
Reuben Fevrier – 020 7306 9105
Tim Straw – 020 7306 9103
Lucy J Duncan – 020 7306 9102
Stephanie Clegg – 020 7306 9107
Leanne Konopka – 020 7306 9117
Main Contact Number – 0207 306 9100
The information in this article is believed to be factually correct at the time of writing and publication, but is not intended to constitute advice. No liability is accepted for any loss howsoever arising as a result of the contents of this article. Specific advice should be sought before entering into, or refraining from entering into any transaction.