Who we are
For over one hundred years Arnold Hill & Co LLP has been providing a professional, personal and friendly accounting and tax service to corporate and individuals. Our office is conveniently based in the heart of London, close to Trafalgar Square in the West End. Situated on Northumberland Avenue, between Charing Cross and Embankment in the London WC2 area, we are ideally located for our clients spread throughout the capital.
Who you are
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working corporation tax senior to work within our corporation tax team. This is a compliance-based role which would suit an individual who already has experience of working in a tax department (of an accounting firm) and would like to gain further experience in corporation tax.
The ideal candidate would be ATT qualified or progressing the CTA.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Reporting directly to, and working closely with the tax managers and partners on various tax compliance and advisory matters
- Responsible for a corporate portfolio of clients
- Preparation of tax returns for companies, partnerships, non-resident landlords
- Liaising with the audit team to ensure that any tax sensitive issues arising in the accounts are correctly treated
- Submitting returns to HMRC in a timely manner and by the due date
- Advising clients on how to pay their tax liabilities, including any interest or penalties due and appealing against HMRC penalty notices where appropriate
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients to ensure compliance matters are dealt with effectively§ Liaising with clients, including attending client meetings
- Drafting bills for clients. Budget and WIP management § Portfolio management, updating client workflows
- Assisting with ad hoc tax matters and complying with all departmental procedures to ensure the smooth running of the team and the department
- Using Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and the CCH software suite Skills/experience required
- Reliable and organised
- Willingness to learn
- Good I.T skills – experience of CCH?
If this position is of interest to you, please send your CV and a covering letter to Samantha.email@example.com