Reporting primarily to the Corporation Tax Manager but also directly to the Corporation Tax Partner as required, the Corporation Tax Assistant will work on such clients as they are assigned in the Corporation Tax team Work Planner, including but not limited to, preparation of tax computation and tax return and the submission of the tax return to HMRC, as well as any other work from time to time which may reasonably be considered part of the role.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Preparation of Corporation (and Partnership) tax computations and tax returns and deferred tax computations for inclusion in the financial statements for own portfolio.
- Communicating directly with the client so as to send them the tax return and computation, obtain signed tax return, resolve any queries they have and request more information from them as necessary.
- Submitting Tax Returns to HMRC using the CCH software.
- Reviewing draft financial statements and considering any tax matters arising from the financial statements.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues within the tax department and in other departments within the firm.
- Assisting/dealing in other aspects of routine compliance work, such as informing clients of tax to pay and completing CT61 forms.
- Communicating with the audit/accounts department to obtain relevant information for the preparation of the corporate tax compliance or to resolve queries.
- Informing the accounts department and other teams of upcoming tax deadlines.
- Monitor their portfolio to ensure deadlines are met, including liaising with senior management to regularly communicate progress of work.
- Ensure the departments work trackers are monitored and kept up to date.
- Develop knowledge of taxation matters; develop an ability to carry out research and problem solve by using HMRC manuals, tax legislation and online Tolleys etc. in addition to seeking advice from more senior members of the department.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your CV and a covering letter to Samantha.email@example.com